Recipe: Raspberry & mint cordial
This raspberry cordial is delicious, and was so easy to make!
I've got A LOT of raspberries in my freezer, and I thought rather than using them to make jam, I'd have a go at making cordial.
This was my first attempt at making raspberry cordial, although I have made an elderflower version before, but I was so pleased with how it turned out!
You don't need many ingredients at all, you could just use fruit, sugar and water, but I added a couple of extra things. Here's what you need to make this...
500g caster sugar
4 sprigs mint
Juice of 1 lemon, and the rind
1. Sterilise your bottle by washing it in hot soapy water, and then put on a baking tray in the oven at 140C / 120 fan / gas mark 1 for 10 minutes.
2. Put the raspberries, sugar and water in a large pan and mix together.
3. Peel the rind of 1 lemon, and add the rind and sprigs of mint to the pan.
4. Place on the hob on a medium heat, and once boiling, reduce to a low heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Take off the heat, and add the lemon juice. Stir and then put a lid on the pan and leave to cool for an hour, stirring occasionally.
6. Once cooled, pour into the sterilised bottle. This will keep in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.