Recipe: Courgette and ve-du-ya orzo with burrata
This is a delicious spicy orzo dish made with vegetarian nduja!
I picked up a jar of Belazu's vegan nduja (ve-du-ya) in Booths a couple of weeks ago, and thought it would be nice to use in an orzo dish.
This is quite spicy, but the burrata does balance the heat out well. I used 2 tbsp of the ve-du-ja, but you could just use 1 tbsp to make it less spicy.
I served this as a dinner for 2, but it would also be perfect to share at a dinner party with some other dishes or as a side.
(And of course you could sub the ve-du-ya for nduja).
2 courgettes, sliced approx 1cm thick
2 tbsp Ve-du-ya
Handful of basil, chopped
1. Add the orzo to salted boiling water, and cook for around 9 minutes.
2. In a frying pan, cook the courgette in olive oil for a couple of minutes on each side until it is starting to turn golden.
3. Add the ve-du-ja and orzo to the pan with the courgette, mix well.
4. Stir in the chopped basil.
5. Serve with the burrata on top, and add some black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.